Caring for your Kanaine gear is easy and important for keeping heirloom pieces in great condition. First, you can consider storing items that are not used in off seasons like buckaroo cowls in the summer.
1. Dry cleaning is recommended for all wool blanket-made items and if you plan to store, you should do this before setting them aside for those months.
2. Some items are eco-friendly wool or cotton and can be washed in a gentle cycle at home, you just need to check the listing for this designation.
3. Storing with a natural deterrent to moths etc. is a wise choice. Use lavender or cedar sachets to repel hanging and stored fiber items.
4. Items like a Willie can be treated with a fabric water repellent if you so choose, to protect from the elements. Just use the correct type and follow the instructions before using your Willie in the elements.
5. Wrinkles happen and its a-ok to run a quick iron over your wool pieces to freshen them up!